Easy easy easy. Yummy yummy yummy. I don’t think this dip really needs much more explaining than that.
2-3 cups of dried white navy beans (I used organic)
1-2 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp minced organic garlic
2 TBSP organic extra virgin olive oil
Pepper, to taste
1) Place dried beans in a large bowl and fill with water – sprinkle with a small dash of salt and soak overnight.
2) Drain beans and place in large pot along with 1 tsp of salt, place on high heat and bring to boil.
3) Boil beans for 1-2 hours until tender.
4) Place boiled beans in food processor along with minced garlic, olive oil and 2-3 TBSP of boiling water and combine thoroughly.
5) Taste and season accordingly – add more water from boiling pot if dip is too lumpy (should be nice and smooth but not runny).
6) Chill for an hour or more and serve with fresh veggies or your fave crusty bread.
NOTE – you could substitute any dried bean really, if your preference isn’t navy beans. Add in some tahini if using chickpeas.