It’s been a long long week and after a round of gin and tonics (okay maybe more than 1 round), all I could think of to ease the “pain” was something sweet, chocolately and oooey gooey. It’s hard for someone like me to just stroll on into a corner store and pick up a bar for a buck … almost 100% of the commercial brands of chocolate bars have soy lecithin in them so it’s a no go for me. For me then, it’s always turn on oven, whip up a storm, bake, be patient, and hours later enjoy!. With that … I give you one of the easiest craving satisfyers I know and love … the chocoholics brownie. Hi, my name is Healthyhag and I am an addict.
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into bits
150g rams (about 1/2 cup) dark chocolate, broken into bits
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1) Heat the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over LOW heat until completely melted.
2) Let chocolate/butter mixture cool for 10 minutes, and then preheat oven to 350F.
3) Mix sugar, eggs and vanilla together until fluffy.
4) Add in flour and salt to bowl and combine then mix in cooled chocolate/butter mix and blend well.
5) Pour into 11 x 8 greased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes (do NOT over bake!!!).
6) Cool brownies for at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy!